Monday, January 19, 2015

Fruit of the Spirit: Peace




It's an honor for me to be able to share today's post written by my dad, Daniel Rosario. He is father to four children and grandfather of 8 grand-kids. I pray that the Holy Spirit speaks to you through his words and testimony.

      I've been following the blog, 21 Days of Praying for Kingdom Kids, by Mom After God. I have been praying for my grandchildren and my children, and every person that the Holy Spirit brings to my heart. Today we are praying for peace over our kids.

     As a young boy seldom did I enjoy having peace in my home. As far back as I can remember I was always afraid and on edge, because most of the time my father and mother would be fighting. I would be in my living room making believe I was watching television, while all the time trembling in fear that my father and mother would have an argument that would lead to physical violence. I didn't know much about God, so I would pray the best I knew how, and ask that my mother would stop bothering my Father. My mother was a heavy drinker and had a way of pushing my father's patience to the limit with her sarcasm and screaming; the argument will lead to yelling, yelling to fighting, and next thing you know my father would grab my mom's hair, slap her and give her a black-eye. When the fight was over my mother ended up with either a broken nose or broken mouth; this went on for many years .It was much the same in my friends homes, so as teenagers my friends and I began using drugs in hopes of finding some kind of peace. Both my parents surrendered their lives to Christ and God in his mercy took me out of my addiction, but I will forever remember my childhood and all I went through as a result of it. 

     I believe this is happening in many homes today. Some parents do not know that their excessive arguing and fighting is affecting their children. They are so consumed in their own problems that they neglect to see the damage that they are causing their kids. 

     At the end of every Sunday school class, I ask the children if they have a petition that they would like to bring before God. Most of them want to pray for their parents; that they may get along and not fight. This tells me they are living in fear and without the peace. 

Parents, this world is scary enough, so let us make our home a haven of peace for our children. 


PRAYERS FOR PEACE

Lord of peace, may you give __________ peace at all times in every way. (2 Thessalonians 3:16)

Leave your peace with ______________, for You do not give as the world gives. Let not ___________'s heart be troubled, neither let him be afraid. (John 14:27)

May ________ sow a harvest of righteousness by making peace. (James 3:18)

May mercy, peace and love be multiplied to __________. (Jude 1:2)

May your peace, which surpasses all understanding, guard _____________'s heart and mind in Christ Jesus.  (Philippians 4:7)


I pray that  you were blessed by today's post and that the Lord of peace himself give you His peace at all times and in every situation.


Love your kids on purpose!

Sarah
Mom After God




No comments:

Post a Comment