Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Are Your Children a Blessing or a Hindrance?


"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him"
Psalms 127:3


Too often parents see their children as a distraction or a nuisance instead of seeing them as an opportunity to shape the future. But the Bible calls children a gift from the Lord.

Psalms 127:3 says,
"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him." 

I heard this quote from one of my favorite pastors,
"When a woman of faith has a baby and raises that baby in a way that reflects the value of the Kingdom of God, she has put forth a seed in history to attack the gates of hell."
Dr. Tony Evans


So, I ask you this question,
What seeds are you planting in your children today?

Are they seeds of resentment, of anger, of abandonment; or are they seeds of love, of encouragement and of hope?

Did you know that God has entrusted us to take care of His children? 
They DO NOT BELONG TO US.






But Jesus said, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them!
For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these."
Matthew 19: 14



Have you dedicated your children to God?

By dedicating your children to God you are acknowledging that your children belong to Him. It's about giving them back to Him so that they may grow in his favor and be protected from the hand of the enemy. 

How do I dedicate my children to God?

It's simple, gather your kids together and explain to them what you are about to do so that they can also have an understanding of how important they are to God. 
You can say a prayer that comes from your heart or if you've never prayed before you can pray these words.

Lord,
I come before you recognizing that you are the creator and owner of all things. I acknowledge that my children belong to you. I now realize that you have entrusted me with these gifts and that it is my responsibility to raise them according to your Word.

Today, I give them back to you. I vow to take care of them like precious gems. I will protect them and love them just as you love them. I promise to instill your Holy Word into their hearts so that when they grow old they will never depart from your ways. 

Forgive me Lord for thinking of my children as nuisance in those moments of frustration. Protect them from the hand of the enemy and help me raise them to be great men and women of God. 

These things I pray in Jesus name
AMEN!


May God give you the wisdom and strength to keep 
moving forward in your 
journey as a Mom.

Love your Kids on Purpose!

Sarah
-Mom After God



2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, I am also a "Mom after God". I wanted to tell you that this has blessed me today. It is so true that at times I allow myself to loose sight of the gift my God has given me to have the opportunity to help raise two of his precious children. Today you have reminded me of this. Thank you for your blog and your words.God Bless -Melissa

    ReplyDelete