Friday, January 2, 2015

21 Days of Prayer for Kingdom Kids



Happy New Year!
I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and a happy new year's day with your family and friends. 

This year my New Year's resolution (as it is every year) is to draw closer to God. My husband and I decided to start off our year beginning January 4th with 21 days of fasting and prayer. We want so many things this year and on the top of that list is a new home. After sitting down with my husband and sharing our hearts desire for this new year, we realized that there is something much more important than a house.

We've been teaching our boys to love God, we go to church, we sit down together at the dinner table, we have devotional time, and even pray before school and before bedtime. But the Holy Spirit keeps tugging at my heart telling me there's something missing; fasting and prayer. 

"Raising kingdom kids in today's culture of mayhem and mess is something bigger than any of us can handle on our own. It will be done well only through a spirit and heart of humility that knowingly depends on God and follows his ways and precepts." -Dr. Tony Evans, Raising Kingdom Kids


We all go through our moments when we feel we are failing as a mom. We  do everything in our power to raise kids who are obedient, making sure that our kids don't get caught up in today's society. I don't know about you but worrying depletes my energy. It can make us weary and cause us to lose hope.

But one thing's for sure, time spent in fasting and prayer builds confidence and helps you develop the determination necessary to continue your journey with strength and perseverance. 


With that being said, I've decided to post my prayers for each day on my blog in hopes that you MOM, would join me for the next 21 days.  If you would like to take on this challenge please subscribe to my blog for daily prayer and updates.You can also follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MomAfterGod.

I hope to hear from you soon. Believing that God has something great in store for you and your family this year. Happy 2015!

Love Your kids on purpose,

Sarah
Mom After God 





No comments:

Post a Comment