Monday, January 12, 2015

Fruit of the Spirit: Love




What is Love?

I can sit here and write a whole dissertation on love but instead I'm going to let the Love expert impart His knowledge on the subject. 

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.
 It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. -1 Corinthians: 13 4-7 NLT (Re: Holy Bible, A.K.A God)
Society says that love is what makes a person feel good and that it's all right to trade God's principles to obtain what their hearts desire, thus contaminating the one true meaning of love. 
1 John 4:9 & 10 says:
"God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. 
This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.

Real love is an action, not a feeling. 

The greatest act of love is giving oneself for others. Paul said: "If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn't love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn't love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it;but if I didn't love others, I would have gained nothing.
It is impossible to have this love unless God helps us set aside our own human desires so that His love becomes complete in us.
May our children experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. then they will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. 

PRAYERS FOR LOVE
May ___________ let your perfect love take up permanent residence in his life. That he may live in You and You in him.(1 John 4:17)

May ___________ never refuse to love because God is Love. (1 John 4:8)

May __________ love You, Oh Lord, with all his heart and soul, strength and mind, may he love his neighbor as himself. (Luke 10:27)

Lord, may you recognize __________ by his love for You. (1 Corinthians 8:3)

May __________ not just pretend to love others, but really love them. May he hate what is wrong and hold tightly to what is good. (Romans 12: 9)

I Pray that God's complete and perfect love will take permanent residence in the hearts of our children.

Love your kids on purpose!

Sarah 
Mom After God







No comments:

Post a Comment