Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Fruit if the Spirit: Patience





I am so pleased to announce this next writer. She is a single mom who works full time to support her daughter. She is also a worship leader in her church and in her spare time she counsels teen girls in need of self confidence. She juggles many plates, but still manages to spend quality time with her daughter, mother and family, all the while living her life as a Kingdom Woman, Ms. Raquel Vargas. 

Like all little girls, I grew up wanting that fairy tale ending. I'd find my prince charming, marry him, and we'd live "Happily Ever After."  Unlike Cinderella, my happily ever after never came to pass. My husband was nothing like prince charming and my marriage was anything but a fairy tale. After 10 years of marriage and disillusion we filed the papers for divorce. 

I found myself having to raise my ten month old daughter by myself, but I didn't lose hope. I knew that God was going to provide for me just like he did with my mom when she was left all alone to raise me and my 2 brothers. I was confident that God would not withhold his provision from me and my daughter - as promised in His Word. 

Shortly after my divorce I began dating. I met a man who I fell in love with and thought I would be spending the rest my life with; but God had other plans. After a painful break-up I decided to leave the dating scene and concentrate on my daughter and God's will for my life. I remember reading a book by Michelle McKinny called Sassy, Single and Satisfied. This book really ministered to my life; I then realized that the Lord was calling me to a season of singleness. 

After 7 years of being single, I bumped into an old childhood friend, immediately sparks flew. He was a single father who loved his son very much. He was loving and caring and attentive to my needs. He had everything a girl can ask for in man but there was just one thing, he was not a Christian. In hopes of him opening his heart to Christ, I began dating him. He knew I loved God so he came to church with me on Sundays.The relationship started to get serious between us; so serious, that I decided to introduce him to my daughter as my boyfriend. A few months later the Lord started tapping on my heart. After fasting and praying for direction, I knew what I needed to do. 

My heart was completely invested in this relationship and my daughter got to know and like him, but I knew that a relationship/marriage outside of God's will would eventually lead to heartache and grief. I sat down with my daughter and explained to her that I could no longer be in a relationship that God doesn't approve of. I then proceeded to tell her what God says about being with a man that doesn't share your faith. I pray everyday that my daughter (when the time comes) will marry a christian man who loves and honors God, therefore, I have to lead by example by showing her how to wait patiently on the Lord for the man he has destined for me.

I am frequently asked, "Do you ever feel alone?" My response, "I am alone but I am not lonely." 

You see, God has filled that void in my life because I have given him full reign of my heart. I have allowed him to take the place of my husband until he's done molding the perfect man for me. 
Until then, I wait patiently on the Lord! 

I will be strong and courageous, I will not be afraid or discouraged, for I know the Lord, my God is with me and will not fail me or forsake me. 

Single mom, do not be dismayed, God is not done with you yet; but first you must place your eyes on Jesus. He knows your hearts desires and has not forgotten you. Remember you have little eyes behind you watching your every move. Teach your children the virtue of patience by first developing it in your own life. 

God Bless, 

Raquel
Sassy, Single & Satisfied

PRAYERS FOR PATIENCE

May ___________be an example of suffering and patience. (James 5:10)

Lord, may ___________ be strengthened with all the power, according to Your glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy. (Colossians 1:11)

May ______________ be patient, for the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit. 
(Ecclesiastes 7:8) 

May ______________ prove himself by his purity, understanding, patience, and kindness, by Your Holy Spirit within him and by your sincere love. (2 Corinthians 6:6)



“A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her.”  
- Maya Angelou













No comments:

Post a Comment